New York is a city of thousands of journalists and nearly as many news outlets. Amid such media noise, one small publication is creating news content that stands out from the crowd.

"About 10 percent of people will read a story based on its subject matter,"# said Jonathan Mandell, executive editor for the Gotham Gazette. "Our goal is to get the other 90 percent to learn about the issue."

For the Gazette, a city news site published by the New York Citizens Union Foundation, interactive content is the key to that goal.

(full article)