Burying the Lede is a (hopefully) daily collection of interesting, mostly game-journalism-related links I've come across that don't require a full post but that I still wanted to share.
- I know other journalists (and even outlet mascots) have been in games before, and it hasn't been the end of the world, but this kind of thing still makes me feel we're getting uncomfortably close to our subjects.
- If someone ever tells you something along the lines of "any random commenter could review games as well as you," show them this hilarious video.
- Show me a journalist that refuses $700 for their E3 badge and I'll show you a professional.
- MySpace's loss is IGN UK's gain, apparently.
- Damn, a lot of stuff happened last year. And this is just the half of it!
- A cliche you should watch out for.
- Keep chasing that scheduling rainbow, Lou.
- For no apparent reason: Shigeru Miyamoto doing an unintentional Koopa Troopa impression (from here)
Give a shout if you want me to keep doing these.
About the site
The Game Beat is a place to talk about video game journalism and the issues surrounding it.
About the editor
Kyle Orland has been writing about video games (and video game journalism itself) professionally for a wide variety of outlets for nearly a decade. He's the author of Wii for Dummies and the co-author of The Videogame Style Guide and Reference Manual. His favorite game of all time is Super Mario 64.
- Samit Sarkar on Burying the Lede
- Critical Pixels » Bankrupt on selling: Ars misses the point on Our role as [beta] gatekeepers
- The twisted creativity (and potty mouth) of game designer David Jaffe | on David Jaffe is a liar. Do we care?
- Jeremy Duff on How game publishers Captivate journalists with junkets
- unangbangkay on Embargoes, visualized
- Burying the Lede (18)
- Columns (81)
- Media Coverage (40)
- Of the Moment (27)
- Press Pass (24)
- PressSpotting (17)
- The Game Beat (7)
- The Game Beat @ GSW (1)
- Uncategorized (451)
- Video Game Media Watch Archives (240)
- Video Game Ombudsman Archives (338)