Whoops, forgot to post this yesterday. Here’s an extra-long edition to make up for it.
- IGN takes a page from Giant Bomb’s playbook — and it’s a pretty smart page to take!
- Destructoid’s Nick Chester discusses why our job inevitably leads to owning a ton of night shirts that you can never wear in public.
- Presenting volume 42,768 in the continuing series: “Press ignores games without big marketing budgets.”
- I love this bit of User Review fan fiction way more than I probably should.
- That Rockstar three-volume book I mentioned here a few days ago has been cancelled, but apparently a similar one is in the works.
- Speaking of awesome-sounding books about games, this French book on Nintendo’s early history sounds awesome. And and AND it’ll soon be available in English!!!!11oneoneelevensies
- The incredible story of a Rare fansite that got snubbed by the object of its fandom.
- “Some 30 years after video games became a popular form of mainstream entertainment, we’re still liable to hear less about games’ positive impact on kids’ lives than sensationalistic accounts of their hidden dangers.”
- As if to prove that last quote true, ladies and gentleman, let me present Raoul Mote.