Burying the Lede is a (hopefully) daily collection of interesting game-journalism-related links I’ve come across that don’t require a full post but that I still wanted to share.
- What a video game blog would have looked like in 1992. Along the same lines, one blogger is recapping classic game mags from a modern perspective.
- Looks like fans of gaming meta-journalism podcasts (that’s journalism about journalism, cats and kittens) have something to look forward to.
- Harlan Ellison has some choice words for people who ask professional writers to work for free (via Ben Kuchera)
- “Let April through July 2010 be known as the first true Golden Age of Video Game discourse, when the stooped gamer straightened his back, looked to the heavens and saw the beatific gaze of Roger Ebert beaming down upon his monkeyness.”
- Speaking of Ebert, some people still want him to put up even though he’s already shut up.