Burying the Lede is a (hopefully) daily collection of interesting game-journalism-related links I’ve come across that don’t require a full post but that I still wanted to share.
- The always-excellent Escapist is all about game journalism this week! You should read it all, of course, but I especially recommend Kieron Gillen talking about the post-New-Games-Journalism-games-journalism and a great Peter Parrish piece on review score inflation.
- A few weeks back, I wrote a whole piece about the mistakes Microsoft made with its Kinect/Cirque de Soleil press event — a piece I left to languish and die as an unfinished draft. Meanwhile, Ars Technica’s Ben Kuchera actually finished his piece on the same subject, and included some comparisons to Activision’s party to boot.
- Nominees for the E3 2010 Game Critics awards were announced today, thought I’m guessing most of them were actually decided months ago at exclusive pre-show briefings.
- A non-gamer (with a writing background, it seems) checks out Tom Bissell’s Extra Lives and comes away impressed with the book and, by extension, the video game medium, to an extent.
- “A good review isn’t a good review. It’s a review you agree with.“