Burying the Lede is a (hopefully) daily collection of interesting game-journalism-related links I’ve come across that don’t require a full post but that I still wanted to share.
- How do you get people to try out a new video game magazine associated with a major retail chain? Well, $145 in coupons ought to do it. (Hits stores June 27, by the by).
- When this happened I was seven and would have given my left arm to cover it as a journalist.
- If someone made a tumblr account full of classic GamePro ProTips like this one, I would not be at all unhappy (I’d do it myself but all my old GamePro’s are trapped at my parents’ house an ocean away).
- Which late night host says that, at his show, “we treat video games like we treat movies“? Ten brownie points if you can guess before you click.
- In the future, the idea of journalistts going to E3 will be made somewhat obsolete by gamers cutting out the middle mane and attending the show virtually.